Dr. Mruz Featured in Chiropractor Survey : Results Show Complex Nature of Injury
Whiplash treatment is a challenging undertaking for many conventional primary care providers. Unfortunately, patients who seek a resolution of their injuries will often receive medication for pain and inflammation, and rarely a referral to a chiropractic specialist.
Recently, local attorneys at Green Law Firm undertook a survey of local experts experienced in whiplash treatment. This included spine doctors, chiropractors and yoga instructors. The survey investigated the effects, results and misconceptions around whiplash.
Dr. Mruz was asked to contribute to the survey which featured chiropractors in the local area. Some of the survey findings included:
- Tightness and spasms in the neck and upper back were identified by 100% of the chiropractors as a leading whiplash symptom.
- 60% reported burning and tingling sensations.
- 70% reporting pain with movement in the neck , headaches and dizziness, and concussion.
- 80% of patients though they had whiplash but wanted it confirmed.
- 60% of the people chiropractors saw had experienced a moderate level whiplash injury.
- 80% of the people surveyed said that whiplash caused moderate disruption to their lives.
One of the biggest misconceptions was that whiplash would just go away on its own. Many people didn’t realize that whiplash can be a long-lasting condition that can persist and even after symptom resolution can reappear at a later date.
With whiplash being such a complex injury, many of the experts including Dr. Mruz highlighted the complex nature of whiplash as an injury. However, the survey concluded that although there were many options for treatment, the most important thing was to obtain treatment and quickly.
If you would like to learn more about conservative chiropractic whiplash treatment, call Eastside Chiropractic PA at 864-292-6777.
Find out more about the full whiplash survey results at https://billgreen.law/